Crested Garden

My herb and vegetable garden took the shape of a crest or an emblem so I decided to sketch one up using the lion featured on the wall paper of the library. Sun, foliage, flowers, birds and ribbon completes the composition - I should make a flag out of this.


Finished carving. The stripes of grass left are the width of the lawn mower, I think they help to keep moisture in the ground and provide good areas to step on when collecting my "bounty".


Now for planting: Heirloom tomatos, cucumbers, multi-coloured carrots, snow peas, sage, flat leaf parsley, rosemary, lavender, chive and garlic. I added Marigolds to repel bugs and to add some colour.


This year, I did not make the mistake of planting too close together, and finished with a good layer of mulch. Now to keep my beasts out of that area.

I made a trellis for the snow peas, which I will show you in my next post.