Behind the Scene

Walking the dogs around town, Brian and I enjoy looking at the other homes. Some have been so beautifully maintained or restored, while others have been terribly defaced. There is a lot to talk about in a historic town. While Brian sees primarily "bone structure" and balance, I go further and focus on details, such as functioning shutters versus ones that are screwed in place. I'm proud to say that the shutters on our house can still open and close thanks to those clever hinges and locks. But the louvres are just too caked with decades of paint to be functional. Though I would rather see "fake" shutters than none at all, shutters are nothing much without the hardware that give them their true purpose. Call me a purist. I will let these before and after shots of shutter hardware speak for themselves.